.NET issues *pulling my hair out*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReikokuKo

In Runtime
I'm not sure as to how all of this started but something went corrupt and .NET programs do not work anymore. Also along with this problem came MMC snap-in issues. I've tried repairing .NET 4.0, uninstalling/reinstalling, using a .NET cleanup tool all to no avail. After days and days of searching I've heard of .dlls that need to be registered, config files forcing versions of .NET, most of which I was not even able to apply.

More info:
When trying to execute a program written in .NET:
Application was unable to start correectly (0xc00007b)

When trying to add the following snap-ins: MMC could not create the snap-in. The snap-in may not have been installed correctly.
Task scheduler: CLSID: FX:{c7b8fb06-bfe1-4c2e-9217-7a69a95bbac4}
Event viewer: CLSID: FX:{b05566ad-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cbb7cb510}
NAP Client configuration: CLSID: FX:{a1bc4ec9-66b2-44e8-9915-be02e84438ba}
TPM management: CLSID: FX:{7d3830aa-e69e-4e17-8bd1-1b87b97099da}
Windows Firewall: CLSID: FX:{b05566ac-fe9c-4368-be02-2a4cbb7cbe11}

AFAIK, Microsoft does say this:

Important: Make sure you have the latest service pack and critical updates for the version of Windows on the computer. To look for recent updates, visit Windows Update.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and I am using Microsoft Office 2010. My computer is virus free and completely up to date.

Okay so which program is giving you this error? Is it VB or is it something else directly within Windows. What are you using to compile this .NET program? Have you tried reinstalling that to see if maybe just that program has gotten corrupted and not .NET?

I'm not compiling a program, just trying to execute a program that requires .NET And so far any program that is written up in .NET is not working. I have uninstalled/reinstalled, repaired, used .NET cleanup tools and nothing has worked. MMCs and programs are still not working.

Well there could only be 2 things that i can think of. 1. The program doesnt need .NET 4.0 but and earlier version. or 2. The program was built using the Beta Standards which are not the same for the release build of .NET which was just put out not long ago.

So I should try a lower version of .NET? I did try installing a lower version but when I double clicked the installer, nothing happened. And do you think that would fix the problems I'm having with my MMC snap-ins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom