Need some help with restoring my HP Compaq 6910p Notebook PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePlague1988

Solid State Member
Okay, I have install windows vista business on there and all of the software/drivers from HP. But I can't get past the login screen so I can setup the fingerprint reader/user password. I tried going into Safe Mode but, had no luck there. I got in with my password but, found out you can't setup the Credentials Manager through Safe Mode. So for now I can't get in my laptop. Please help, I don't want to have to redo it again. I've been redoing it all yesterday and from the time I woke up till now. Again, please help. Thanks in advance for any help... it would be appreciated.

No. I know my password. It's like credential manager is setup but, I just installed it and restarted and then... I get this, "Class not registered". I haven't got a chance to setup the Credential Manager or anything for HP ProtectTools Suite because I can't login and I know my password.

Sorry I should've been more clear... when I go to login (Enter password) then, I click 'Ok' or press the enter key. Is when it says, "Class not register".. I think I might have to wait for the restore discs to get here. I've already ordered them yesterday.

When you restart your PC and you attempt to go into Safe Mode do you see and option for Repair my Computer or anything like that? If so choose that option to get into the advanced menu there and try using a Restore Point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom