Need much help, safe mode hangs, vista disk gives errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
So, off and on for the past week or two, I noticed my post screen lagging and staying up for roughly 10 seconds, then verifying dmi pool data stays up like 5 seconds. I would restart the once, maybe twice and it would boot normal. Disabling sata makes post screen quick like normal. Anyways yesterday the cable guy came and installed the wireless. I have a wireless adapter so it was all good for the most part aside from the modem sucking heh.

Later in the evening while I was screwing with trying to get the modem working with WPA instead of WEP I had connection issues, so I finally got it set with WEP for the time being, but then my pc started hanging on the desktop right after the welcome screen (vista 64). I would restart and maybe have to load safe mode first, and it would load right finally. Then it crashed during welcome screen, then today it crashed during loading windows. Then I got it loaded finally after numerous restarts, it crashed after stable load for like 2 hours. Now after numerous restarts, I can't even get safe mode to load because of BTHidMgr.sys

I looked up this file and everyone has related problems to this, but no solutions? This file is related to blue tooth software, it's the driver. So I saw on a website to load a dos prompt boot disk and edit the boot.ini and take it out. But my computer is so horrible from being perfect to this in nearly a day.

I have put my vista cd in and cannot load anything, it will "load windows" but never start, I just get the 0xc0000225 error saying that either hardware or software change has caused this and to try using windows cd for repair, or safe mode, last good confid, start normally, etc..

I just keep getting that error. I cannot get past that 0xc000225 error screen. So tonight I got my friends xp cd and tried to install windows as c:\window instead of "windows" and tried to get it to load so I could perhaps fix the problems. Well xp goes to an errored blue screen with just a small paragraph of text at the top, it loads xp past the load screen but blue screens right before welcome screen.

So I tried to use xp repair from boot disk for both vista and xp install, but I need an admin password... but I have no password?!

I think this problems relates to the file BTHidMgr.sys and if anyone can help me out, please lemme know. There are other posts on the internet relating to this file and this problem, maybe someone can make sense of it.

thanks

Well i can tell you that loading up boot.ini will do you nothing. As that is the XP loading file not Vista. Vista uses the BCD so editing the boot.ini file will get you no where fast. ;)

So i would say that yes it has to do with your bluetooth. Can you even get into Safe Mode at all?

nah no safe mode.. but that's not what blows my mind, it's that the vista setup doesn't even load. so no repair or reinstall or anything, just the 0xc000225 error stating to restart with vista repair or try safe mode.

I disabled the os drive and used my secondary to install xp and finally got to a desktop. then re enabled the other drive (with vista) as secondary.. can I go on to edit files from here?

Okay, currently trying to install vista again, same problem. Solution: Vista 64 requires an APIC (Advanced Programmable Interrupt Controller) to be present and enabled.

I've never had to deal with this before so weird to find it being an issue, going to switch drives back and try to reinstall vista to get it to load clean or at least try to repair the install. This is a horrible problem this blue tooth thing =p

Had a corrupt system file, repaired and am looking at my old desktop!

There is no repair option avilable for Vista in teh first place. So even if you could you wouldnt be able to repair it.

I do not know what the code is. It is not listed on the MSDN Site i use for bug check codes.

A Windows Server 2008 system or a Windows Vista Service Pack 1 system cannot start after you increase or reduce the size of the boot volume on a GPT disk

Windows Boot Manager
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."
If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.
File: boot_file
Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

Is this what you are getting?

Well everything was working, my pc crashed over night. And I tried to see what the deal was, it seems my primary drive causes the SATA drive detection during post to lag, but my secondary doesn't. Either way, no matter what drive is connected or which sata bay it's on A/B, my pc hangs during vista install, where the mouse icon loads and you get the green background, just before setup options for language window pops up. It just hangs, no matter which drive I try. =(

Iono what's wrong with my pc, I've never experienced these problems. It's seems almost obvious that I'm having hardware problems, but at the same time it doesn't seem that way..

sob, as I'm typing and watching the blank green background, the language window pops up, so i should correct this post saying it takes a long time, much much longer than it should take for the language window to pop up.

Going to reset drives and try to install over my vista install and not format the drive.

Yes mak, that was the error screen I was recieving but this link helped me. STOP error 0xc0000225 when installing Vista 64-bit version

So I enabled APIC on my bios, but I was baffled as to how it got disabled in the first place. So anyways now I've reset my bios by taking out the battery and pushing the button, that did nothing. The primary drive still causes "lag" during post screen. Now magically after switching the drives back (primary drive sata A) vista is loading. WTF?! I just sat for nearly two hours trying to get past Verifying DMI pool data, or to at least load vista install.. anyways, I made another user account which seems to be more stable than my admin account, but I might be crazy

edit: i'll try unplugging the hd that i think might be faulty and see if I can get a faster vista install. seems likely it could be the problem behind it, but iono.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom