Need alittle help here

Can anyone please help? There's gatta be a reason it's stuck on this Intel screen I'm stumped

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

reset the bios to it's default settings, and re-check the time and date. Are you checking the option to "Save" before you exit the bios?

I've seen faulty hardware that will cause the post screen to stay on for a very long time. Remember that post is an acronym for "Power On Self Test" so if something fails that, the bios will get stuck there on that screen
Try disconnecting everything from the board like the hard drive(s) any un-necessary pci or pci-e devices including the video card if you can. Try only one memory stick at a time on a different slot each time. Disconnect all the usb headers on the board and remove any thing on the I/O ports on the back. Try a different keyboard and mouse too. Then only connect the bootable usb and check. If that works then try just the windows hard drive....Power down and disconnect the power cord each time you re-connect something and be sure your draining out the caps after each shut down and ground yourself before you go back in the pc. continue re-connecting things until your run into where it gets stuck on the post screen.
If you disconnect the hard drive, you should get a screen that states "no bootable device" after the post screen. If the post screen stays on after you connect the hard drive, then try that hard drive in a different pc and see if it locks up on that post screen too.

Last edited:
Yea I had a feeling that's what's going to be my next step.. Damn.. So that Intel SS I posted.. That's not the post screen? It goes through the post then directly to that Intel screen.. But same diff I guess.. One of the hardware pieces are shot n that's what's holding it up like you said

Kinda looks like an oem splash screen. If that's what it is, you can disable that from within the bios settings. You did show your post screen from your first question in this thread
http://www.techist.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7579&d=1456021123
So if that's something else, you'll need to read the manual for the motherboard to see what it is
Edit: looking at your boot screen in your bios from the first post in this thread, try disabling "Silent Boot" "Intel Rapid Bios Boot"
Also, it shows your processor at 3.73 ghz. Are you over clocking this pc?
You stated that this pc worked before you removed the cmos battery, so you must have changed the settings in the bios because removing the battery will reset it back to the factory defaults

Last edited:
Yeah it's a friend's pc.. Cpu could be shot from it being over clocked.. Not sure how many years it's been OC.. No the pc wouldn't even turn on when I got it.. It had a bad graphics card swapped it out then It started up n got hung on that Intel screen.. I just swapped cmos cause I noticed that cmos/gpnv checksum bad on post screen others said they replaced the battery and everything was good.

Didn't change any settings in bios other than the boot order.. But I'll try what you said when I get home.. And if that doesn't work I'll take it all apart and test it all one by one

1c616c1b643f3fc8962f32b473d476fa.jpg
took the heat sink off just to see what it looked like under there how the paste was.. Come to find out whoever took it apart before me must of forgot to re apply the thermal paste.. Friend said he last took it to a legit computer place to swap out the mobo

Back
Top Bottom