Need alittle help here

pat_ai2009

In Runtime
My pc was stuck in some weird loop it would turn on and keep looping where you can press whichever key it is for you to get into bios.. Post screen I think it's called? And would just keep looping.. Tried setting boot order to USB and install a fresh copy to the HD but didn't work and kept looping.

Swapped out my cmos battery with another that had matching numbers on it.. Now I'm stuck on this screen uploadfromtaptalk1456021041489.jpg

I can get into bios and load system defaults and set correct time but still I keep getting stuck on that Intel screen.. Tried jumping the cmos no luck.. uploadfromtaptalk1456021105613.jpguploadfromtaptalk1456021113608.jpguploadfromtaptalk1456021121041.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

So in the last pic it says cmos/gpnv checksum bad which I just found out usually that means the battery is bad.. So maybe both of my battery's are shot and that's the problem? Idk tomorrow I'll. Buy a new one and see if I can get diff results.. Thanks if anyone checks in and offers opinions or ideas.. Much appreciated like I've always said when you guys help

If the bios can't keep the correct time, then you will need to get a fresh battery. Not familiar with the default boot device of your bios, but try pulling out your usb device before you boot up and see if that'll boot into windows

Yeah I tried with out the USB and set the hard drive to first boot and nothing.. Going to pick the battery up in afew hours

If the new battery doesn't help, try repairing windows boot loader. Can't give you a recommendation because I don't know what version of windows you have

Can't get past that Intel screen so there's no way I can go into Windows to do that.. I don't have a Windows disc just a USB with win 7 on it

It's not a recovery Windows on the USB.. I was researching earlier boot loader repairs and found that exact same link the second one u posted.. But I can't even get anywhere other than in my bios or stuck on that Intel screen.. So I can't see how I'd be able to do that without getting past that Intel screen.. Wasn't able to get a new battery today like I wanted too.. Tomorrow I'll try and get one.. Hopefully I pop that in adjust time/date load optimal defaults and it'll load up normally either to my USB or the hard drive

New battery still stuck on that Intel screen... Loaded defaults.. Still saying cmos/gpnv checksum bad after replacing battery

Back
Top Bottom