More RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Mossy,

you can use eithe rhte Blue or the Black. They both will do Dual Channel. IT says all this on there.

Note: Configurations that do not match the above conditions will revert to Single Channel mode.

So if you do not use RAM Pairs in the blue/black RAM slots it will be only in single channel mode. Nto Dual Channel.

Cheers,
Mak

Thank you Mak213 and EricB for pointing that out. I don't mind doing the leg work it is just sometimes I don't look in the right place or understand the correct teminology but i am trying and willing to learn. I guess it is just getting use to things. I guess I skimmed over your quote portion Mak213. Thanks for that.

Cheers

Hello,

It is understandable. We all have to learn sometimes. But sometimes it is all right there. Jsut have to read it all. Not jsut look at pivtures. :p

I am guilty of that as well. So i cant say much. But really all information on how to get Dual Channel setup is right there and fully explained. Better than anyway we have explained it as well. We just told you how to get it working. they give details on what you have to use in order to get it working as well.

Cheers,
Mak

Ram lanes

1 2 3 4
| | | |

it is almost always 1 and 3 (or 2 and 4), if you can not be sure that this is the case,try them in slots 1 and 3, then install cpuz, under the memory tab, it will say if it is running in dual channel, if it is not, then put the ram in slots 1 and 2.

Ram lanes

1 2 3 4
| | | |

it is almost always 1 and 3 (or 2 and 4), if you can not be sure that this is the case,try them in slots 1 and 3, then install cpuz, under the memory tab, it will say if it is running in dual channel, if it is not, then put the ram in slots 1 and 2.

Good to know, thanks Luke992006.

cheers

1 thing I forgot to double check with you guys, I am NOT going to be using my 512MB with this setup, correct?

cheers

PS...sorry on the double post Mak213....forgot to edit it.

Hello,

You can run the 512MB stick. It just will not function in Dual Channel mode. As per the website you linked to:

Dual Channel (Interleaved) Mode Configuration with Three DIMMs
dual3.jpg

So the 2GB would act in Dual Channel mode while the 512MB would not. It would be in single channel mode but can still be used.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom