Microsoft Starts Windows 8 Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Microsoft Starts Windows 8 Development

Microsoft
has been keeping a tight lid on details about Windows 8. So far, information about Windows 7's successor has been either based on remarks slipped out by Microsoft officials or rumours. However recently the Russian website, WZor, has revealed some interesting titbits.
The site claims that Microsoft has started the engineering of Windows 8. It even mentions details about builds that have been already compiled:
7702.0.100126-1751
7703.0.100127-1845
7704.0.100128-1900
7705.0.100129-1930
From the build strings, it can be found out that they have been compiled at the end of January. Assembly of more builds is expected. Those who've been following up during the days of Windows 7 development should be familiar with WZor, which had been providing accurate details about Microsoft products, particularly Windows 7 and Office 2010. Nevertheless, such information should be taken with a grain of salt.
But what else does this mean? I believe this indicates that more news is yet to come, hopefully from Microsoft sources such as The Windows Blog. Personally, I've missed the days when leaks used to come one after another and when we used to argue whether Windows 7 has been released to manufacturing or not. Although, it might be a bit early, I'm anxious about testing Windows 8. What do you think? Do you have high expectations for the operating system?

Microsoft Starts Windows 8 Development | Windows 7 News

how did this news get left in the dust? I am only a little surprised at this type of news already *wait, it's been a year since the RC, lol* but still it's really good to hear. I don't know what could be more for an os, but I said that of XP, and here I am a complete convert to 7. I will always like linux better, but 7 is a strong OS... will we see more of the streamlined GUI's that you now see in mobile devices maybe? certainly I would hope that it'd come with more ways to sync up to these devices natively instead of having to install proprietary drivers for everything. maybe a UI to UI blend, from your mobile device to desktop?

It isnt that big of news. If anyone has read my Windows Cycle thread they would see that this is normal. Heck they were working on Win7 the day after Vista went RTM. They did not start on Win8 right away cause they were more confident in Win7 and they promoted it way more. They had much more public involvement.

No one should be surprised that after almost 5 months of availability that they started a new project. You cant expect them to get Win8 out in 2012 if they dont get to work shortly after the release of the previous version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom