Microsoft Server Extensions - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 06:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Hi All. Been a while. I am working on a laptop with Win Xp-SP-3 system installed. At each system start up i get 2 pop-ups;

Microsoft Server Extension
"Unable to access configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server"

and another sometimes;

Server Extensions Configuration Wizard
"The configuration wizard was not able to find the path and directory
and cannot proceed. Please reinstall the Server Extensions"

I get the second error after running msconfig and dissabling a MMSQL server service. After heaps of Googeling all i can come up with is that this service is some how linked to Microsoft Frontpage in Office 2007. It must have had Office 2007 installed at some stage because Office 2007 service packs, KB's, were still in the Add Remove Prgograms Menu. However it now, and has for some time only had Office 2002. The usual stuff but no Frontpage. Even after uninstalling the Office 2007 software I am still getting these **** annoying pop-ups at each boot. Tried every thing to the best of my knowledge but i cant solve this one. CCleaner found over 700 reg errors and got rid of over 1000mb of crap. Can't solve this one and am very hopeful that some one may have seen and found out how to get rid of this pop-up error. Thanks and all the best for the New Year(bit late aren't i !) Looking forward to some info, Wayne.

Solved with help of a friend. Manual registry edit. Microsoft web server, deleted 2 entries.
Thanks.
Operating System System
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2
Model Processor a
2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Display
Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT
n Circuit Board
Closed Thread