Microsoft Office 2007 licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluespiano

Solid State Member
I have a copy of MS Office 2007. I have installed it on several computers, most of which I no longer use. When I tried to install it on a computer that I do use, it would not let me. The license agreement says I'm limited to 3 computers. But how do they know when I've retired a computer.

My next step is to call Microsoft. Is that going to be quick & easy, or not?

When you've uninstalled it from a computer (or removed the operating system from that computer), your only option is to phone them up. This is usually a quick and easy process (at least, it is with Windows reactivations).

Please stop making new threads you can cover all these issues in one thread since they pertain to the same computer.

A. This is not a Linux or Open Source program. It is created by Microsoft and is closed source.
B. You already have installed it on 3 machines. No where in the Terms of Use does it say 3 CURRENT machines. It says 3 Machines OVERALL. Therefor you already exceeded your maxmimum amount of installs for this program and must purchase it again.

I have five computers, and I'm trying to match the topic to the forum.

Just cause you have 5 PC's doesnt mean we cant tackle all the questions at once. Make 1 topic, ask all your question, get all your answers. It is a very simple concept and very effective one to undertake. I have already merged your topic in the building forum since they revolve around the same Make and Model of PC, therefor can be answered in the same topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom