Media Player Brightness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Heya, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. In Windows Media Player my videos are all too dark. Just using WMP. I see you can go under View/Enhancements/Video Settings and adjust the brightness. I adjust the bar and everything looks great, but every time I open WMP it goes back to default. Is there a way to lock this??? Really driving me crazy. I have my monitor brightness to max, and I know I can adjust the brightness more with my nvidia software, but then everything is TOO bright, I only need it adjusted for media player. Any help is appreciated.

Bump. Anyone? Or is there another player that has a function built in so you can permanently increase brightness?

Re:

Hello,

When you adjusted display settings in the nvidia settings, did you alter the video overlay settings?

No, I didn't see a feature named video overlay. Is that something I need to adjust? What option is that under? Thanks for the reply!

Why do the video-settings adjustments that I make in the Player go back to default values when I play a new video?
Windows Media Player doesn't retain video-settings adjustments between video playback sessions because non-default settings may not work for all videos. For example, if your video is too dark and you increase the brightness, the next video you play may be hard to see at that brightness setting. You may need to adjust the video settings for each video that you play.

If your settings appear to be consistently maladjusted (for example, all of your videos are too dark), try adjusting overlay or color values for your video card instead. To access video-card properties, do the following:

In Control Panel, open Display.

In the Display Properties dialog box, on the Settings tab, click the Advanced button.

Adjust properties for your video card by reviewing the documentation that came with your hardware.

Re:

Hello,

If you have the nvidia forceware display drivers installed, then look for the Color Correction tab in your display settings.

...Should be a dropdown box at the top. Select Overlay and adjust the contrast and brightness levels on the left side.

This will only work if in WMP, the setting at Tools > Options... > Performance Tab > Advanced Button (Under Video acceleration) > Use video mixing renderer option is checked, and the option set to Use Overlay.

Thanks for the explanation on why media player won't let you save the settings :) Makes sense. I adjusted the overlay gamma just a bit and videos seem perfect now. thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom