Making windows dvd's

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradC

Beta member
Hi! I am new to the forums, and lately i've been thinking about becoming a computer tech because i am constantly being asked by friends and railitives to come over and fix there computers. I had a question because i know this scenario happens a lot. So when i go out to fix a customers computer and i need to do a system recovery but they do not have the recovery disc. Im assuming that i can burn all the different versions of windows onto cd's and use them as long as they have there windows liscense key on there computer. Were would be a good recommended place to go to download and burn these cd's? Sorry if this is a dumb question or just plain insulting to anyone..Im just trying to learn:)

Sorry but downloading them from just anywhere is nothing but issues. As there is no legal download from Microsoft and the rest you find are hacked up versions full of viruses. There is Recovery CD's out there, but they dont allow for installs.

Windows Vista Recovery Disc Download — The NeoSmart Files

You could use those to get to the Restore Points. Most machines now a days have the Recovery Partitions, so you only need to know which key combination allows you to boot to it for that system manufacturer. I would research that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom