logoff VS. reboot for software installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
im wondering what is the difference between logoff and system reboot?
what exactly happends when i logoff or reboot

and do i need to reboot every time a certain software asks me to or can i just get away with logoff and log back on?

i would say restart because it has to end all the tasks that are going on startup which i believe start before the login screen. i could be wrong about that, and if i'm wrong then you could potentially just log off and log back on.

A restart saves the profile along with allowing for the updates, software to finish up its install and work properly. Just logging off doesnt do this. It saves your profile but when you log back on the software still isnt gonna work cause the PC didnt restart. You just looged off your profile while the PC was still in use. The software will recognize this.

oh das sux. is there any faster way to install multiple apps at once?

i destroy my OS alot ( messing around with ****/tweaking and plus my mobo is busted) and have to reinstall it fresh every6-8 months or so because it becomes unusable and easier to install fresh than try to find the problem thats causing bugs and all.
the windowsa install is cake. the problem i have is installing drivers, games and software that i had on it before. which takes me like 2-3 days to do with all the restarting and waiting.

is there an easier way to do it like installing all drivers at once and then installing games and other programs...
itsa custom built pc so i dont have the simple recovery disk like most prepackaged systems have.

Create a custom install disk with nLite with all your drivers/apps you want preinstalled.

hmm good idea thanks for the tip.
i attempted to make a disk using norton ghost or some other softie but had no luck at all and gave up after that.

If you are so worried about the restart create a Image. Either that or dont destroy your OS so much. ;)

ye i know but its so tempting lol all those files laying around... most of the time i get it up and running again without complete reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom