Issues with windows install

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
Trying to install windows MCE 2005 on a asus eee pc 1000 via an externally powered liteon external dvd drive. So I have got the issue missing NTLDR is missing so I copied over the NTLDR and ntdetect.com via the windows reapir console manually with no luck. I then tried to fix mbr and finally fixboot with no luck. I am currently trying a reinstall with a full format however I have done this before with no luck so I am not expecting a miracle. What guidance can you offer?

Weird parts:
40gb ssd physical hdd
Gparted sees 2 hdd's one partitioned 4 times and containing the system bios and I would assume system restart software which equates to approx 7.5 and a secondary hdd with no partitions and 30gbs of space. It adds up to be the stated hdd space just Gparted doesn't seem to see it correctly.

Well the media has been used before and I don't have anything to exchange for it unless a xp proffesional (upgrade) disk repair console would work? MCE and Proffessional are essentially the same with the installer actually stating windows xp professional edition installation at the top.

You cant use a XP Pro disc with a MCE install. Which they are essentially the same you still cant do it.

Well I don't want to speak prematurely but I think I have cracked it, for now although I know there may be issues later. Turns out there are 2 physical hdds but they are mounted onto the same board though and have different controllers. Just to make it a bit stranger its using the ide interface, I went into the bios and disabled the master drive (the smaller one) I then rebooted and wiped with gparted the larger 30gb drive. I have been installing xp and although it seems really really really slow it is working though and I have got through to the second half of the installation.

I expect I shall be back.

on some boards installing with an external drive will take the hard drive of on the boot order and give that error.

setting them right in the bios will fix it. that use to happen when i would use an external drive to fix my cousin computer because her drive was messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom