Issue with Windows Boot Manager Win7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter.Cort

TF's First Dry Ice User!
I'm not 100% sure if this is a hardware or software issue, but we'll see how it plays out, and it can be moved if necessary.

Now that I've installed Server 2008 on my pc as well as windows 7 the boot manager pops up on load, but the problem is that my keyboard is totally unresponsive, and it's any keyboard I try. The only thing that does anything is hitting spacebar cancels the timer and delete restarts the computer (delete restarting it is normal). Also caps lock/num lock/scroll lock don't toggle during this phase, but are able to toggle prior to this.

This also happens after an 'incorrect' shutdown or if I have a bad OC and the screen with last known good config and all that jazz pops up.

USB legacy support, 3.0 legacy mode support and the onboard USB controller are all enabled in my BIOS.

I've done a reinstall and that doesn't fix it, and there aren't any new bios updates or anything for my board.

Mobo is a MSI P67-GD65

EDIT: If I start up windows 7 and then restart the PC I have functionality in the boot manager to flip between Server 08 and Win7, while I have this new functionality Delete no longer restarts the PC. But if I do a 'cold' boot then I don't have any functionality. Also my keyboard (logitech g110, which I'm selling if anybody's interested :p) retains the color that I have set rather than the default blue, which leads me to believe that it's an issue of the boot manager not recognizing the keyboard, even though it's not the keyboard specifically.

Yeah it sounds as if the USB controllers are not being loaded properly by the BIOS. I wouldn't blame the Win7 boot loader, cause simply put, the BIOS must load those controllers for the boot loader to work properly. Is there a BIOS update or anything?

It sounds more like a bios problem or a problem with the controller built into the chipset. What is your BCLK set at? And what is the BCLK actually running at (CPU-Z will tell us what it's running at)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom