internet dead - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 07:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

log looks fine, maybe there is something wrong with your Airgo Networks, Inc.. Try uninstalling it and reinstall it

Old 03-03-2006, 09:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to 2fast4u

i think i have the solution... take ur router cd software cd that ur isp gave u and reinstall it... that should do it..

Old 03-03-2006, 09:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Makaveli213
Go to windows Update. Get the drivers needed for those devices.

They dont have to do with you ethernet adapter. But the PCI Bridge and PCI memory controller are always good to have.

That might help you to acquire your IP with your router again. Without a format.
the SM bus controller does if it a gigabit Nic card. you need it to run the gigabit network card right
Old 03-03-2006, 10:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Good point Eric. I didnt think of the gigabyte cards. I have integrated nic with my drivers already available for me on my external. So i dont think of that one right away.

Either way all of those devices should have drivers and they could pose a problem. But try resetting the router first see if that helps.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 03-03-2006, 10:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default TCP/IP Stack...

Try using an applet called WinSockFix...If you've got access to another p.c. you can download it from http://www.webattack.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

I'm not sure if this will fix your problem, let me know if it works...I've used it successfully in the past for the same type of issue.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Master Techie

Ok I no this has been pushed back a few pages so sorry for bringing it back, just thought id let everyone no my internet is now working. I took out my wireless PCI card reinstalled the drivers and now it works.

So if it wasnt a router problem was it a pc or wireless PCI card driver problem? its a pickle :S

Although now im back to using an old router because my newer one I set to WPA AES security and it doesnt work, the stupid routers reset button is too far inside! which idiot designed those i cant hit the darn thing!

anyway just to thank everyone for helping with this problem although i never really understood why it happened.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Well i have had my router fizzle a couple time on me also. I dont know why or how it happened. But i have had to do resets for it and then everything worked fine for me after a restart.

So why or how it happens i dont think we will ever truly know. It is one of those mystery of PC's i guess.

Old 03-05-2006, 05:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Makaveli213
Well i have had my router fizzle a couple time on me also. I dont know why or how it happened. But i have had to do resets for it and then everything worked fine for me after a restart.

So why or how it happens i dont think we will ever truly know. It is one of those mystery of PC's i guess.
that use to happen to me until I started buying more expensive routers like d-link
Old 03-05-2006, 05:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Master Techie

Well Dont think mine was a router problem because i tried 2 and same problems occured so its a PC or wireless card problem.

I spent £120 on my router about what $150- $170 so if it didnt work id be very upset
Old 03-05-2006, 05:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by EricB
that use to happen to me until I started buying more expensive routers like d-link
Yeah i have a D-Link router right now myself. The Gamers special.

http://games.dlink.com/products/?pid=371&#DGL-4100

**** good router. But still some sites give me issues. But i think it is more to do with them than me. Either that or i just have to stop playing so many games. ;p

Closed Thread