Installing new HHD. Can't find boot device

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockbottom56

Beta member
Hi, I hope someone can help me out. I am installing a new HDD. It's installed, the wires are in the right place and plugged in all the way. I switched the boot sequence to start the cd rom drive first so i can install Windows 7. But i get a error saying " No boot device available" Please help!!
'''''''''''''''''''''''''
I found out what was wrong there...the drive isn't a dvd drive and wouldn't read the cd...i am a retard i know. But now i have another problem.....according to the new hdd's manual i need to install sata host drivers since i am using windows xp now. i dont have the disk for these drivers and if i find them...it says that they need to be installed on a floppy drive. I tried installing windows with out doing this and i get an error, saying "a problem has been dectected and windows has been shut down"

That's baloney. You don't need SATA host drivers unless you are on RAID. When did it say that error in Windows setup?

It said a problem had been detected and windows was stopped to prevent harm on your computer. said to run chkdisk for errors and also to check for virures

i actually went another way with it now...still having issues though. i am doing this for a friend, they wanted W7, so i took out the HD and put it my computer installed windows 7 on it and it worked fine...when i put it in the other pc it gets to the Starting Windows screen and restarts...i ran the launch repair and it says that a recently installed device is causing the problem....any ideas on how to fix that

You can NOT do that. You are moving it to a whole new driver set. It will get confused. Unless it is the same exact system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom