I want xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimcan

Baseband Member
I had told a friend to buy a new dell. It came with vista because we had no choice. Vista is trouble and I want to have xp instead. Can I do this without much trouble?

Do you have xp installation disc? If so, skip to number 2)

1. Buy the windows xp

2. Insert the xp installation disc and reboot your machine.

3. When it prompts you to boot from cd press a key

4. Format the partitions you have and select to install XP

5. Install Xp (Boot menu shows you info on how to do this operation.

6. Type the cd key when it prompts you, do not change any configuration unless you are an expierienced user.

7. Make a user name with password, Reboot and log on to windows xp.

Thought I had a boot leg copy, so now im trying to download one. It seems when I get a copy I will have to provide a good working key.

Helping a friend with some trouble which is... 2 computors are hooked to the same router. One computor has xp the other vista. The vista one does not work unless it is the only one hooked up. Thought thier maybe some conflic.

In addition, vista does not support many devices yet , so just wanted to downgrade to keep things simple.

Helping a friend with some trouble which is... 2 computors are hooked to the same router. One computor has xp the other vista. The vista one does not work unless it is the only one hooked up. Thought thier maybe some conflic.

In addition, vista does not support many devices yet , so just wanted to downgrade to keep things simple.
I'm pretty sure a lot of the things that didn't work with Vista have a new version now. Everything I used worked with Vista. As for your network problems, check through the settings because my parents computer has XP and I can transfer files from their computer.

Uses too much power.
Vista actually has a pretty sweet power options. I usually keep my laptop in Power Saver mode. I mainly use Linux, but I really don't see anything wrong with Vista.

I mainly use Linux, but I really don't see anything wrong with Vista.

If you mainly used vista then you might know why it isn't the best ms o.s.

I have been using vista ultimate 24/7 for approx.2months now and I am starting to get comfortable with it. I still prefer xp, especially since many programs that I own worked well. With Vista, I've had to basically upgrade or use other programs to get around that issue.

Anyway, can't wait for sp1.

check dell website to see if they have xp driver or you will be screwed. then use powermax to delete your hdd, then install xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom