I need to convert computer files to dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
I've done some extensive research on my family tree. I want to share my work on a dvd for the family reunion next week.

I have an 80 page ms word file that is basically a book report of my family history. I want to try to convert the pages to a power point file where it can go from one page to the next. then I can convert it to an avi file using camtasia.

how would I go about doing converting the file to a power point one?

I also want make the dvd menu to where it can click on a link and each link can take you to a different batch of photos with music playing in the background for each set. I use to use pinnacle expression for that it's too outdated to work with today burners. I don't know of any other software to use

any ideas are welcomed

Not sure how well this would work, but this is what I found:

Send Word to PowerPoint - The Art of PowerPoint-ing

As for making the menu, you could maybe do individual AVI files and use ConvertXtoDVD to add each AVI file, and make each separate file a selection on the main menu, I've done that before with several videos onto a single DVD before.

word won't convert it properly. it don't look right. I'm thinking of saving it to pdf then saving as jpeg. when I save it to pdf, the pictures don't look as good

The only way i know of would be via software. Since the Windows Compression of JPEGs will force quality loss.

in the jpeg setting of Adobe Acrobat, I set both of the jpeg options at max and then I set it to do a progresive scan 5 times each for each document. it took an hour or so and each jpeg page is 3.1 mb in size but the text is in full instead of pieces missing for some words and it looking like your printer had ran out of ink

Now I just need a program to let me add music to pictures to make my dvd. will ConvertXtoDVD let me do that

Your using the latest version of Acrobat? I honestly couldnt tell you. If you search for PDF to JPEG you will see there are programs that can do it. Maybe that will be your best bet?

I'm using version 9. it took awhile using advance options but I got the results that I want.

here are examples even though photobucket shrunk them so you might not be able to tell the difference

aaa_Page_02.jpg

DescendantsofJohnJamarfordetroit22_.jpg

yes i can see. The first image has a lot of blotches and that in it. the 2nd image is very clean and crisp. Glad you got it to work.

I just notice that adobe had a save as tiff option. that would had save me a lot of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom