I have an unused Vista retail activation code, can I...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalOwns

In Runtime
use this code to activate Windows 7 instead of Vista? I've been Googling, but cannot find a satisfactory answer.

This Vista activation code has never been used. When I bought one of my laptops, I also ordered a retail copy of Vista so that I could reinstall the OS, and get rid of all the BS that comes preinstalled, and because I like to partition my HDD(s). I was also planning on building a desktop shortly after buying the laptop, but this never happened. When I reinstalled Vista on the laptop, I used the code of the bottom of the laptop to activate it; So again, the activation code that came with the retail Vista copy has never, ever been used.

No. The serial can only be used to activate the product it was purchase with. Meaning Vista Serial for Vista, Win7 serials for Win7. They are not interchangeable.

No. The serial can only be used to activate the product it was purchase with. Meaning Vista Serial for Vista, Win7 serials for Win7. They are not interchangeable.

FFFFFuuuuuuuu...was afraid of that. Now I have a useless product key. :angry: I have a Windows7 installation disc that I downloaded (only the disc; the serial it was activated with is legit, therefore not illegal FYI), could I install Vista, activate it, then use the Windows7 disc to upgrade it?

BTW, I kind of remember you from years back when I was extremely active on here, heh.

EDIT: Wait...did your name use to be Makaveli or something...?

FFFFFuuuuuuuu...was afraid of that. Now I have a useless product key. :angry: I have a Windows7 installation disc that I downloaded (only the disc; the serial it was activated with is legit, therefore not illegal FYI), could I install Vista, activate it, then use the Windows7 disc to upgrade it?

BTW, I kind of remember you from years back when I was extremely active on here, heh.

EDIT: Wait...did your name use to be Makaveli or something...?

As stated, you will still need a Windows 7 serial to activate Windows 7. the serial you have will only activate Windows Vista and no other versions of Windows. Even if you do an upgrade you will still need a serial.

Yes I was Makaveli213 back in the day. It got shortened to Mak213 and now I am KSoD.

It sux, but it looks like you'll need to get a legit key for windows 7

I have 7 on one of my laptops. Was thinking about creating a virtual machine with a legit Win7 on it though. But obviously not lol.

KSoD, I think you helped me with something really big once a long, long time ago. Nice to see you're still around here. I remember you were full of knowledge.

Anyway, thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom