How to upgrade to windows 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aasia100

Beta member
hii have windows 7 installed in my computer which i got when i purchased my computer. Is it possible to update to windows 8 as the OS installed in my computer is the legtimate version. If yes, let me know the link in the microsoft website... even am not sure whether windows 8 i released completely by MS.

It isn't possible to update, you can completely install windows 8 over windows 7 but i wouldn't suggest it. It's in Beta and hasn't been released yet. You could partition the drive out and then install windows 8 on the new partition, making your PC dual booting if you wanted.

As others have suggested Windows 8 is best on a touch screen - at least in my experience (i love it on my touchscreen dell duo).

Can I uninstall Windows 8 Consumer Preview?

No. To go back to your previous version of Windows, you'll need to reinstall it from the recovery or installation media that came with your PC; typically DVD media. If you don't have recovery media you might be able to create it from a recovery partition on your PC using software provided by your PC manufacturer. Check the support section of your PC manufacturer's website for more information. After you install Windows 8, you won't be able to use the recovery partition on your PC to go back to your previous version of Windows.

Right from the Windows 8 FAQ. If you do the upgrade to the Consumer Preview of Windows 8 there is no going back. You will also not be able to go forward. The next release in June will not be able to be updated to.

Microsoft doesn't allow for the Previews to be updated to newer releases. So you will be forced to do a clean install of the Release Review or a clean install of Windows 7.

You best option would be to dual boot Windows 8 with your current Windows 7 setup.

Thanks so much for all your answers.. As of now, i will stick to windows 7.. let me purchase a touch screen monitor first to experience windows 8.. can you guys suggest me a best touch screen monitor available in the market?? online links of the product would be helpful.. thanks.

If you're thinking of getting a touchscreen monitor just to use Windows 8, it's really not worth the expenditure.

Thanks Yami for your suggestion. However, I am in the phase of replacing my existing monitor, so i though i would go for a touch screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom