How often do you reinstall XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a old ME laptop I keep round that hasn't been reimaged in nearly 6 years but it sees little to no use (only there for legacy) I tend to reimage my NT box about once every 6 months unless i need to do it sooner.

I take great care of my OS. The fact is i test material that is known to cause problems. If it wasnt for my testing, these problems might not be found and end up making it to your PC.

So yeah i reinstall a lot, but it is for a great reason.

that would be a good reason, obviously you would have to re-install more. But for someone who doesn't do stuff like that (or similar) then thats different.

I like to play with Vlite alot. when i'm bored, i'll either add something to an extreme lite install or i'll encounter something that suddenly annoys me, or i'll just want to change how i use my computer, like sometimes i dont want Ultimate and use basic instead or i'll want dreamscene then later change...etc.

plus trying out drivers and 3rd party apps sometimes makes vista feel clunky, even if i remove them, the damage is done. Nothing feels snappier and cleaner than a new install :)

I have a old ME laptop I keep round that hasn't been reimaged in nearly 6 years but it sees little to no use (only there for legacy) I tend to reimage my NT box about once every 6 months unless i need to do it sooner.

Probably getting viruses and ruining the OS just sitting around not hooked up to anything...

^you could be transfering them to it, or spyware, trogan horse, ect.

By the way, that is a crazy member alias, i would not be able to remember that. But oddly enough i know 20 digits past the decimal of pi, hmm.

I love testing programs and I also get bored of having the same programs. any true techie will reinstall a lot as it is in our blood

^apparently not. As i install, uninstall a **** load of apps.software, and games. A weekly defrag, desktop clean up, a few good scans, and cclearner fix nearly all the junk that builds up that can slow you down. If i had to say that something was in a techies blood it would be to maintain your system in good health and do a re-install as a last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom