how to manage windows account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just delete all other account because honestly iam always installing plug ins and installing software ..etc and i think its going to be hard for me to use a user account , so now i have this:
which i think is the same as using any other fully privileged account ...

If the Administrator account is the only admin account you have, and the profile is corrupted to the point that you can't log in, how would you resolve the issue?

Your PC is only as secure as teh user. Not as secure as the stuff you have. Yeah UAC is a nice tool. It does help. But for people who know PC's and how to keep themself secure UAC is overkill.

To this day i still have yet to even get spyware on my PC. I have had no known virus in several years. I have always used the Admin accounts. I even have my wife on the admin accounts and she doesnt know much about PC's yet she is secure cause of the steps i have taken to secure the PC.

Using the right software for firewall/AV will always be better than using a Standard User account. I dont even have a firewall installed. Cause i took the steps to secure my network with my router so that the access doesnt get thru.

For a person who isnt all that knowledgeable i would agree. Yeah a standard user account is more times than not the way to go. But if you take the steps to protect yourself using a standard user account is just overkill. It wont really serve a purpose. Other than to be a annoyance when you want to do something.

I am shocked. That is a terrible policy. Microsoft themselves advise the use of standard accounts. All you are doing by routinely using admin accounts is tempting fate. Security is never absolute it's all about the methods you use to protect yourself verses the methods used to attack you.
I'm not hugely knowledgeable about security and I'm not going to go into detail about my security procedures but I have some protection set up on the router, I run a dedicated firewall machine and have a firewall application installed on my PC. Despite this I know there is much more that can be done which I have not implemented either because I don't have the resources, don't know how to set up or because it would have a detrimental effect on how I like to use my PC.
Relying on the security provided by your router is extremely bold and you could very easily have a rootkit which you simply havn't noticed as a result.
Using a standard account really does help and calling it overkill is nothing less than a massive underestimation of threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom