How long is Windows 10 Technical Preview good for?

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
How long is Windows 10 Technical Preview good for?

Or, another way of asking the same question: When will Windows 10 TP be unplugged by MS?

My uneducated guess: Mid 2105?

Thanks,

Soar

April 2015 is the slated date. Once that date hits the license keys will no longer be valid. I can't remember what happened when i tested Windows 8, but i believe the OS actually goes into limited functionality mode.

Realize they KNOW people will try to use this as a free copy of Windows, so they've gone to great lengths to ensure when they are done with testing, the OS will no longer work.

April 2015 is the slated date. Once that date hits the license keys will no longer be valid. I can't remember what happened when i tested Windows 8, but i believe the OS actually goes into limited functionality mode.

Realize they KNOW people will try to use this as a free copy of Windows, so they've gone to great lengths to ensure when they are done with testing, the OS will no longer work.

Lex,

Thanks for the reply. Funny thing with the Windows 8, I built and gave a computer as a gift to a family that desperately needed a computer. I installed Windows 8 Beta, assuring them that when it shut down, I would install a brand new legit copy of Windows 8.1...

They really liked it at first, but then, the parents started getting real ticked off at their high school kids for using the computer too much.

Finally, when Windows 8.1 beta time ran out, it limited the use of the computer to [2] hours only per day. Now that family is happy as can be, and they adamently refused a new legit copy of Windows 8.1!

True story...they are friends of my wife...

Soar

Back
Top Bottom