how does windows 7 classify a program as a game? and how to unclassify a program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeedHelp!

Beta member
Basically here is the situation.
I have parental controls to prevent my son from playing games on the computer. There are a ton of games on the computer which it does block effectively. However there are also some programs that my son needs to use that are falsely classified as a game, and therefore blocked by the parental controls. How can I unclassify these programs so that they are not considered games by windows? Is there anyway to edit something in the program to unclassify it as a game?

Thanks!

Are you using Window's own parental controls? I'm not sure, but you should be able to clarify which programs he can and can't use. Not just by clarification.

Yes, so basically Windows 7 parental control automatically classifies certain programs as games. I have the option to not allow my son to play any games (which i do). But when I do this, some programs are falsely identified as games when they actually aren't(and my son needs to use them). So i want to see if theres a way to edit these programs or something in order to unclassify them as a game. The parental control gives no options to do this.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom