High End desktop is slower then lower end Laptop Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you have 3DMax Server running in both 32 Bit and 64 Bit modes. You have TeamViewer running. So you have some intensive things going at all times. Having a Server running from the machine as well as TeamViewer will cause it not to run as fast as it should cause it is already using up resources just running those full time.

Yeah, I noticed those as well the 3DSMax server of mental ray i think it is, is never even used, they take up so little memory though..

Doesnt look like theres an easy way to shutoff the 3dsmax process and the teamviewer server I keep running incase I need to access this computer remotely.

Well then you will just have to deal with the little bit of slowdown that running those programs is causing. Unless you force close those programs and only run them when you need them. There is no way to speed up the system when you have such things running all the time.

Well then you will just have to deal with the little bit of slowdown that running those programs is causing. Unless you force close those programs and only run them when you need them. There is no way to speed up the system when you have such things running all the time.

So your saying those 2 processes either of which exceed over 5MB of ram, are slowing an i7 down to a stand still in on start up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom