Hi new here needing a little help...

Angel_1437

Beta member
Hi I am new here and needing a little help...For the past week or so now I have been having computer problems.

When I am on my facebook home page and looking at other post it won't show a pic.It just shows a blank box with a little piece of paper in it.I try to load the game pioneer trail and it comes up and says dns server unavailable or not responding error.Sometimes it will just sit there on the load up screen and won't load.When it does load it is really slow and lags a lot.

If I am searching the web I get a page unavailable error and it will say reload or more at the bottom.I will have to reload the page 4 and 5 times to get it to load.I was having a problem with something called conduit.I removed it out of the computer could there still be something from it in my files and causing these issues?

Also the computer I am using is Dell INSPIRON with windows 8 we just bought it brand new this year in Feb.I am using Google Chrome.I thought with the game error either my flash player needed to be updated but it is up to date.I also thought there could be more than one installed but I checked that out as well and there is just one.

Is there something I can do or download and fix these issue's or is a full reformat in order to fix the computer?

Thanks in advance....

Does it do this in any other browser you use?

Have you tried to clear your browser's cache?

My husband downloaded system mechanic's today and done a registry scan.He said it came up with a lot of registry files messed up.When it finished it said it had fixed them.Internet Explorer did start working but before when loading IE it would just shut back down before a page would even load.If we use Firefox it will start to load a page then come up and say not responding and won't load.We clear the browsing history every day about 2 or 3 times a day depending on how much we use the internet...

Conduit can leave behind traces in the browsers with Add-ons, but conduit is almost never alone.

You're going to need to download a couple things. If you can't do it on the problem computer, download on another computer and bring the programs over on a USB drive.

First things first, you should download tdsskiller and run that. It'll pick up any rootkits or hidden nasties of that sort, and they are getting way more common. Scan normally takes 30 seconds to a minute.

Secondly, you'll need Malwarebytes if you don't have it already. This needs to be updated so it can run a scan, I'd recommend a Full Scan. This can go for anywhere to 45 minutes to a couple hours, depending on your machine.

After you run those scans, post back and let us know what you find.

As a side note, Windows 8 comes with Microsoft Security Essentials built in, so you don't need a secondary antivirus program...I'd suggest if you have anything like Norton or McAfee to uninstall it and allow MSE (or Windows Defender as I believe it calls it now) to be the active protection. If you have a subscription to one of them, it's your call if you want to switch it up of course.

When I done a scan with tdsskiller this is what it came up with...

Duration: 00:00:28
Processed: 426 objects,details
Found: 0 threats
Neutralized: 0 threats
Quarantined: o objects

This is what it said when I done the malwarebytes program...

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Trial) 1.75.0.1300
Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

Database version: v2013.07.21.02

Windows 8 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.16635
Jamie :: JAMIE_FAYE [administrator]

Protection: Enabled

7/21/2013 4:29:55 AM
MBAM-log-2013-07-21 (04-37-59).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 209658
Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 22 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 7
HKCR\CLSID\{67BD9EEB-AA06-4329-A940-D250019300C9} (PUP.Software.Updater) -> No action taken.
HKCR\TypeLib\{A0EE0278-2986-4E5A-884E-A3BF0357E476} (PUP.Software.Updater) -> No action taken.
HKCR\Interface\{9EDC0C90-2B5B-4512-953E-35767BAD5C67} (PUP.Software.Updater) -> No action taken.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{99C91FC5-DB5B-4AA0-BB70-5D89C5A4DF96} (PUP.Software.Updater) -> No action taken.
HKCR\Updater.AmiUpd.1 (PUP.Software.Updater) -> No action taken.
HKCR\Updater.AmiUpd (PUP.Software.Updater) -> No action taken.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{FD6D90C0-E6EE-4BC6-B9F7-9ED319698007} (Adware.Agent) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 3
C:\Users\Jamie\AppData\Local\SwvUpdater\Updater.exe (PUP.Software.Updater) -> No action taken.
C:\Users\Jamie\Downloads\google-chrome_V.103693066c.exe (Adware.DomaIQ) -> No action taken.
C:\Windows\Tasks\AmiUpdXp.job (PUP.Software.Updater) -> No action taken.

(end)

When the items were pulled up in Malwarebytes, did you select them for removal? If not, we need to get those removed before we can continue.

If you did, then at this point we should make sure nothing is installed that shouldn't be. Go to Control Panel and click on Programs and Features. In here, make a note of anything you don't recognize and post a list here so we can get any adware stuff uninstalled.

Once that's done, we're going to need to double check your browsers to see if they have any extensions/add-ons installed. You use Internet Explorer and Firefox, correct?

In programs and features there isn't really anything that shouldn't be there.My husband did install bing on here but it does not seem to be causing any problems.That is the only most recent thing he has downloaded everything else is for the computer or stuff that we have put on here.

We use google chrome for our web browser since internet explorer kept shutting down everytime we would use it.We wanted to use fire fox but it would keep saying not responding and wouldn't load anything.

My husband did uninstall zone alarm the virus scan and the fire wall and it seems to be working better.It's just the game's on facebook still lag like heck.I was told it's something to do with 2 flash players but there is only one that I can find...

Thanks...

You have DomaIQ software which is a Trojan. You need to remove that and all the PUP software (Potentially Unwanted Program) that Malwarebytes detects and run a good antivirus program.

You can also use "AdwCleaner" but I must warn you that it can be aggressive in taking out ad-ware
AdwCleaner Download

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom