help with windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitro1

In Runtime
hi guys im new here and i need help, i have a HP pavilion ze2000 laptop and when i power it on it boots to the xp logo and shuts down

can anyone explain what i need and what i need to do to fix this and what caused the problem?

yes a blue screen comes up for a split sec........i say for few weeks ever since this happened....iv just been searching on what to do

Can you try hitting the F8 key before the computer reaches the XP loading screen. Select safe mode when the options comes up and do the followng:
  1. Navigate to the Control Panel in Windows XP by left-clicking on Start, followed by Settings and then choosing Control Panel.
  2. In the Control Panel window, open System.
    Note: In Microsoft Windows XP, depending on how your operating system is setup, you may not see the System icon. To correct this, click on the link on the left-hand side of the Control Panel window that says Switch to Classic View.
  3. In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.
  4. Locate the Startup and Recovery area and click on the Settings button.
  5. In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.
  6. Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.
  7. Click OK in the System Properties window.
Then restart, when the error comes up take a note of it and post it back.
Source: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/ht/disautorestart.htm.

Might want to try memtest to test your memory, make sure that isn't the problem. Download it and copy it onto a pen drive or cd and boot from it.

If not, try doing a repair install. This will only touch Windows files, not your personal data.

Found this guide:
Repair XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom