Help. Trovi and popups

Kanbabrif

Baseband Member
I downloaded drivers for my phone and now i get advertising popups and Google Chrome defaults to some site called Trovi even though i have it set to google.ca as default. Besides reformatting what is the best way to clean up these popups? I tried reinstaling Chrome but didn't help.

Run a scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware. Delete whatever it finds and post the log here.

After that, run a scan with HiJackThis, and post the log here. Don't delete anything unless told to do so: HiJackThis | SourceForge.net

Do you know what these processes are?
C:\Program Files (x86)\snipsmart\bin\snipsmart.expext.exe
C:\Program Files\SlimCleaner Plus\SlimCleanerPlus.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Boost\Boost.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ShopperPro\JSDriver\1.38.0.1425\jsdrv.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\YTDownloader\YTDownloader.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Motitags_94\bar\1.bin\APPINTEGRATOR.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\StormWatch\StormWatchApp.exe

Otherwise the log looks alright.

Go through your browsers' Addon-ons list and check those. Check your homepages and search engine listings as well. Would also be a good idea to check your Proxy settings: Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections tab -> LAN Settings -> make sure "Use a proxy" is unchecked.

Check in your Programs & Features list and uninstall them if they're in the list.

Yes, go ahead and delete them.

If you do that, you'll want to re-run HJT after doing so, and delete the following entries if they still exist, otherwise you'll get errors on boot:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YTDownloader] "C:\Program Files (x86)\YTDownloader\YTDownloader.exe" /boot

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SlimCleaner Plus] "C:\Program Files\SlimCleaner Plus\SlimCleanerPlus.exe" /minimize

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [YTDownloader] "C:\Program Files (x86)\YTDownloader\YTDownloader.exe" /boot

O23 - Service: SlimWare Utility Service Launcher (SlimService) - SlimWare Utilities, Inc. - C:\Program Files\SlimCleaner Plus\SlimServiceFactory.exe

Back
Top Bottom