help with a few things... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2008, 11:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to Static_11 Send a message via Yahoo to Static_11
Default help with a few things...

So im on craigslist and i've seen some good photography opportunities that i want to check out...

However, when i click on the email address, outlook express comes up. I set the account up and it fails to send the email...
"The service is currently unavailable. Try again later. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: '', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavailable', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 87, Error Number: 0x800CCCF0"

I went into internet options and then changed my email program to hotmail.
So when i click on the email address on CL, IE comes up and gives me a prompt to put my email info in. Says invalid password but i tried several times with several different accounts.

So i still can't send an email to the people who i need to talk to.

I tried copying the email address on a posting that i had and pasting it in the "to" box (to see if copying the fake address that cl gives the user would still work) and i never received the test email. So that doesn't work.

Basically, i can not contact the people i need to and its really ticking me off. I could use 15$ an hour. =/

any help?

Old 03-17-2008, 01:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Private Joker
Default Re: help with a few things...

Could try Thunderbird; tis an alternate email program to Outlook.

Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
Old 03-17-2008, 07:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Hotmail does not allow for you to connect to it thru Outlook or Outlook Express anymore unless you have a Premium Account. If you wish to use your hotmail address you will have to use Windows Live Mail as that is the only application that will link up with hotmail without any issues.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 03-22-2008, 12:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

get hotmail popper. the name is something like that
The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
Closed Thread