Help!!! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2006, 10:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Exclamation Help!!!

i installed the vista trial and none of my important software is working so i need to go back to xp. but the problem is the prossess of hiting ctrl + f11 during startup is not working since its now dual boot or something. plz help i need need to get back to xp. and i do need to format anyways so its fine if thats the only way. so if you have any ideas plz share i am desperate

Old 03-17-2006, 12:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

get back to the xp side using disc management, your boot path, partition magic or bootmagic

delete the vista partition. run this before rebooting

The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
Old 03-17-2006, 06:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Also you can just use the XP CD. Put it in. run the Recovery manager. When that loads up just run fixboot and fixmbr. That should allow you to get back to XP. But you wont see Vista as a option to boot with.

I know that with build 5270 and 5308 of Vista it doesnt fully work with the dual boot options. It takes off the XP part of the boot option for some reason. Most likely cause Vista uses a differnt boot manager than XP does.

I dont remember the commands i used to get Vista back as a boot option. I should be able to find it with some searching....
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 03-17-2006, 10:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by EricB
[B]get back to the xp side using disc management, your boot path, partition magic or bootmagic

how would i do that using disc management and what is/ were can i get partition magic or bootmagic? also i dont think that my computer came with a windows xp cd. i dont know why it didnt. so if the other methods do not work would you suggest downloading the software via an online file manager such as torrent i think it is and using my serial code which is located on the windows sticker on the bottom of my pc where the hardrive is
Closed Thread