Help! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2005, 06:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Help!

Anyone have the patience to help out the tech impared? It's an input device problem, or is it. I've been having a problem since my
machine was new, 2 years ago. Little Mickey (mouse)behaves very badly. At times, when I hit the "X" in outlook express to delete a message in the list of incoming mail., Mickey takes out two or 3 messages. If I highlight a file expecting to highlight another one to open both at the same time(say in Photoshop) , Mickey opens the file on the first click. I have checked to see if the mouse is set for double click and yes it is. I have also varied the speed of double click but it doesn't change anything. When I access a dropdown menu it may or may not remain open long enough for me to make a selection. when I
make a selection, if there is a button under the dropdown selection, the selection is not activated but the button under it is. Sometimes the mouse will open a file 2 or 3 layers under the window I'm working in. Sometimes I have to start my machine twice to get the input devices to work. (mouse and keyboard). Finally, occasionally, at the most inopportune moment, ( such as, after just spending an hour modifying a photo for a client ) the mouse and keyboard just quit.
The only remedy being to reboot which usually works. You can see how frustrating this might be. I had the cat talk to it but Mickey was unimpressed. Question is, is it the mouse or the machine? Thank you for your

Pentium 4 2.4
MSI mother board
ATI radeon 9700 pro 128 M
Microsoft Optical wheel mouse

Old 08-12-2005, 07:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Maybe the problem lays between the keyboard and the chair. Are you receiving error code ID-10-T. =) Buy a new mouse. They are like five bucks

Windows Vista Ultimate
Koolance Case
ASUS PCDL Motherboard
Dual Thermaltake Aquarius III
Dual Xeons 3.06 oc\'d to 3.38
2GB Kingston Hyper X
2 120gb HDD
geforce 5200 256
Dual Monitors
Dual DVD burners
Old 08-12-2005, 08:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

There are no error codes. Thank you for your gracious reply.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to Bombadier3001

Is you mouse dirty inside?
Closed Thread