Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like either a Virus or Trojen or Norton.. go through Osiris's Guide and see if that helps fix your problem. and your best bet is to get rid of Norton asap.

Osiris's guide is great but I can't uninstall anything. i scanned my computer and it comes up clean. as for updates there is a bios update available but isnt it a big deal to update? can that be the cause of it?

It could very well be. It could be a bad restore, it could be that the system is infected by spyware. There are many things it could be. We have to try and eliminate as much as possible before we can figure out what it is for sure.

Spyware Removal Guide

Visit that site and get the Guide for Vista. Go thru it in Safe Mode with Networking so you can still access the internet to update the programs. Let see if you are infected for sure. That can eliminate that possibility and allow us to move on to something else.

ok i'll do it i cant uninstall programs though which seems to be an integral part of cleaning the computer. how abt the bios update? should i leave that alone for now? thanks.

This is only for removing spyware. There isnt anything programs that you have to uninstall at this time. You might disable a few from startup but you dont have to remove any. At least not that i remember when i went thru it earlier today.

You should do the BIOS update. If there is one available.

ok i'll try that. thanks. a note though i tried uninstalling programs again and i can its just when i try to uninstall napster that i get "setup.exe has stopped working"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom