Games running in slowmo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imation

In Runtime
Hey guys,

I recently bought a new computer. It is a 1800+amd athlon, with 256ddr ram and a GeForce4 mx440 64mb graphics card. It is running XP Pro.

I installed Counter strike and Unreal Tournament and the games run at about half the speed! It is not a lag issue, as when I play online everyone is running at the normal speed, everything is running at normal speed except the actions of the person im controlling. I have looked for similar issues on other forums and a hint was to turn off VSync. This HELPS!, but the games are still running in slow mo. just not as slow. I tried reinstalling the games, and the first time they run they seem to run perfectly, then the next time I run them they are slow motion again.

I have updated my graphics card drivers to the latest detonator version, have tried reinstalling the games, ... to no avail.

If anyone has any insight into what the problem might be I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
imation

Hi
imation was posting on behalf of me
I use any resolution, ive tried 1024 640... all!

Things ive tried to resolve this problem:
Old and Latest Nvidia Drivers
Latest DirectX
Formatting and reinstalling Windows
Switches gf4 with a tnt2

nothings worked...

I have a MX 420 64Mb and i get the exact same problem. Basicly the GeForce 4's are just suped up GeForce 2 Ultra's, so there's been a lot of performance problems all around (according to PC Gamer). I too reformatted, tried new drivers and still no luck.

hmm well tell me if you find out how to fix it.
Ive formatted AGAIN, and with no drivers apart from the one XP installed the games arent too bad, I still think some are a bit slower though.

However I must install a driver... the latest one?

My motherboard is a Gigabyte something I cant remember, 240W PSU I think. 256 DDR pc2100. its got some weird Dual Bios. ALso when i boot up its got this annoying thing, detecting IDE drives which is pointless and takes time.

Ok ill find that out and post

I installed the latest nvidia drivers because winxp ones wernt good enough

well i couldn't get sound in one of my games because XP's drivers weren't good enough, then i installed newer ones and i couldn't hear sound at all. i rolled back the drivers and it worked, even in the game that i had no sound in before.

I probbably ended up with mutant drivers that worked

i'm definately assuming it's AGP, check if you're not running a 4x AGP card in an 8x socket or something.

found out what prob is...
its got to do with the integrated sound...
a sound card will fix it but im gona try and hunt for some workable drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom