Firewall Program - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 01:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Firewall Program

Howdy,
I have a wireless g router already and it has a built in firewall inside of it. Should I install a firewall on my notebook so just to be sure nothing happens and etc. If yes what firewall program I should install? From what I seen there's zonealarm, norton firewall, network ice,. Along time ago I used zonealarm, norton firewall, and network ice at diffrent times on my former other desktop computer. Any help will be appreciated it. I would like to download a firewall that shows the i/p address and tells what it is and etc

Old 03-19-2004, 01:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

i have used zone alarm pro...n it was good (although i only used it for 20 days)

after that i got rid of the network becuz i didnt need it anymore

Old 03-19-2004, 01:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by guess123
i have used zone alarm pro...n it was good (although i only used it for 20 days)

after that i got rid of the network becuz i didnt need it anymore
I used zone alarm pro also it was that free trial for 30 days, and it worked fine for me, im talking to linksys chat support and the guy told not to install one
Old 03-19-2004, 01:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

I've used mcafee's firewall with good results. If you configure it right it lets you trace back to whoever is attempting to hack/attack you, which i discovered on my own troubleshooting a friend's pc connection once. I had the guy's ip and some other info in moments and had one of my hacker buddies give him a dose of trouble.
Old 03-19-2004, 01:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Ares
I've used mcafee's firewall with good results. If you configure it right it lets you trace back to whoever is attempting to hack/attack you, which i discovered on my own troubleshooting a friend's pc connection once. I had the guy's ip and some other info in moments and had one of my hacker buddies give him a dose of trouble.
Im just looking for one that works for my notebook, I tried zonealarm onced I liked it, havent tried norton firewall yet or network ice
Closed Thread