Firefox and Windows 7 just don't seem to get along

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
I've been getting frustrated by all of the times that Windows 7 has been crashing . I started noticing a trend. when I have firefox with facebook on or a lot tabs open, this is when win 7 would get retarded. in task manager ff was just taking up to cpu and memory usage.

I turn google chrome into my default browser and everything seems fine now. what's up with this. get on it and fix this issue FF

If FF crashes your OS and ANY OS, its time to rethink using another browser, such as IE8. This has been going on for how long now? And its not fixed? And they know about? And they know everyone is complaining about it? Time to swicth :cool:

It never happen on xp. I didn't use vista much. I'll never use IE8 and facebook together. the viruses left my computer unbootable on 2 different occasion

I'm about to be a Google Chrome guy with occasional visits to IE and FF

I'm on IE8 and FB right now, as I always am. I do on ocassion see the "ALERT, You system in infected message", just close IE and your done with it, no infection. :cool:

The FF mem leaks happens on XP as well, its been talked about here MANY times.

Have you downloaded FF 3.6? It's a lot better. I saw a lot of crashing and locking up with 3.5.7 (especially with facebook), but 3.6 has been fine for me.

ever since I use window 7 I was having periodic crashes that I was thinking was a windows 7 issues. but I'm figuring out that they are firefox related everytime it seems to happen. the problem has been a non issue with google chrome

I have had similar issues with Firefox and Win7. Even without using FB i have seen massive memory leaks. Just the other day i had seen Firefox use up well over 1GB of RAM with 4 tabs open. That is just straight up unacceptable. 1 Tab being TF, 2 tabs being FB and 1 tab being Google Reader. It isnt to much to be loaded, as i have those same 4 tabs open now in Dragon with no issues.

Mozilla has stated that they have "fixed" the memory leak and that Firefox is fully compatible with Win7. But i have yet to see it. It seems that it is only select people that get this issue though. Trotter doesnt seem to notice the same things.

I notice that when i play a few games on FB in Firefox that the memory starts to shoot up and doesnt stop. When it starts to get over 500MB of RAM used the system starts to lag overall, even when i still have well over 50% of my resources left. So something has to be up.

I have had similar issues with Firefox and Win7. Even without using FB i have seen massive memory leaks. Just the other day i had seen Firefox use up well over 1GB of RAM with 4 tabs open. That is just straight up unacceptable. 1 Tab being TF, 2 tabs being FB and 1 tab being Google Reader. It isnt to much to be loaded, as i have those same 4 tabs open now in Dragon with no issues.

Mozilla has stated that they have "fixed" the memory leak and that Firefox is fully compatible with Win7. But i have yet to see it. It seems that it is only select people that get this issue though. Trotter doesnt seem to notice the same things.

I notice that when i play a few games on FB in Firefox that the memory starts to shoot up and doesnt stop. When it starts to get over 500MB of RAM used the system starts to lag overall, even when i still have well over 50% of my resources left. So something has to be up.

this issue need to be address. oh well. we have other choices now

Have you guys tried optimizing Firefox with about:config? I'm using FF with Windows 7 and have no problems.
I'm just annoyed with the huge amounts of memory it uses.

I have optimized it, i have tried several of the extensions to reduce RAM usage, i have done just about every trick i can find on the net. It is a sad day when i can get better operation out of IE8 than i can the latest Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom