fast internet but slow webpages

Oh, I have had this problem too! Its your computer most likely being slow since you downloaded all them updates. Use up too 2 browsers don't have any more installed since you may make your computer slow down. And delete your old versions of the browsers so that will speed up the new one. Also make sure you have the latest JAVA, I think its Java 8 now but correct me if I am wrong.

Someone may also have set the limitations on your device small so you only get a very small bit of the bandwidth and the whole house gets the rest of it. Check your internet properties for that.

EDIT: Someone may just be d-dosing you. Most likely not going to happen but if you gave out your IP recently, to someone.... Then you may be getting d-dossed.

He said it happens on his phone too so the browser wouldn't affect other devices, also bandwidth very unlikely to be configured on both devices.

Someone may be ddossing him/her.
Not very likely if flushing his DNS fixes it, even temporarily.

Use up too 2 browsers don't have any more installed since you may make your computer slow down. And delete your old versions of the browsers so that will speed up the new one. Also make sure you have the latest JAVA, I think its Java 8 now but correct me if I am wrong.

Having multiple browsers on your machine won't slow it down or cause this issue.

Having mutiple could slow it down say I kept all my updates and old google chromes it wouldnt work properaly

I have at least 3 browsers (IE, FF, Chrome, and sometimes Opera) on all my machines (home and work). Hasn't ever slowed any of them down before... Saying that, you could also say installing "anything" will slow down your computer. Unless you have it running - it's not necessarily going to affect anything, unless your HDD/SSD is 99% full.

I didn't notice any slowdown after installing firefux and chrome.
but I checked on my laptop again it works good at work and at home also slow

im still waiting on netgear to reply with whats goin on about the rma

the router has channel scan and built in the system I already switched to different channel.

cellphone is constantly lagging

but every time I run the speed test its full speed.
I get 50mbps plan from Comcast and im getting full speed on all devices
modem is dual channel so im getting around 85mbps on my cellphone
theres some tiny ass problem that's causing all this I can feel it

I didn't notice any slowdown after installing firefux and chrome.
but I checked on my laptop again it works good at work and at home also slow

im still waiting on netgear to reply with whats goin on about the rma

the router has channel scan and built in the system I already switched to different channel.

cellphone is constantly lagging

but every time I run the speed test its full speed.
I get 50mbps plan from Comcast and im getting full speed on all devices
modem is dual channel so im getting around 85mbps on my cellphone
theres some tiny ass problem that's causing all this I can feel it

Does it do it hardwired as well, or have you tried that?

no my router is in separate room but I need to try with laptop

Comcast tested with hardwire and got like 120mbps on his laptop

the dns error comes back all the time tho

Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding" error message in Windows 7

Last edited by a moderator:
no my router is in separate room but I need to try with laptop

Comcast tested with hardwire and got like 120mbps on his laptop

the dns error comes back all the time tho

Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding" error message in Windows 7

Test it with an ethernet cable then and see if you still have issues.

I would call Netgear back today, explain and tell then what Netgear told you earlier. Ask for an RMA number while you have them on the phone because it's taken up too much time already. (say this nice and pleasantly as possible)
North America, call Customer Support at 1-888-NETGEAR (1-888-638-4327).

Back
Top Bottom