fast internet but slow webpages

lol comcast are really trying hard to be stupid.
they keep trying to go over same **** with me lol
and even had a nerve to try to upgrade me to faster internet when thats not even the issue
they are really clueless
but its great to troll them in chat
ive been waiting for netgear chat to connect for last 2 hours no luck im gonna have to call them or something. that way i can yell with my voice instead of keyboard

lol comcast are really trying hard to be stupid.
they keep trying to go over same **** with me lol
and even had a nerve to try to upgrade me to faster internet when thats not even the issue
they are really clueless
but its great to troll them in chat
ive been waiting for netgear chat to connect for last 2 hours no luck im gonna have to call them or something. that way i can yell with my voice instead of keyboard

They're probably closed on Saturday nights.

Generally it's better to stay calm and be nice to the chat reps...more likely to help you out that way.

ok so I trolled Comcast for 2 weeks to have them come out and check everything.
they tried to play stupid and schedule fake trouble call. like they did few times already
finally the tech came out and found that my power level was indeed too high and cable was corroded outside. because of crappy install by previous Comcast guy and at the tower.

so now the levels are around 2 db downstream and 43db upstream which is what they should be at.

but. the problem is back right after I upgraded to IE11

so I don't understand what the **** is anymore

they sync my modem twice while I was on IE 11 originally and problem went away as soon as they did it. but came back few hours later
I uninstall IE completely with all the **** including java and macromedia and flash etc. clean install to IE 9 and it worked for a week but kept saying I need an update.
I did an update now its back to same sht of not loading pages for long time

firefox is doing same thing.
when IE slows down so does firefux but not as much, still lags tho.
anyone can take a guess what else it can be?

so this is weird
also noticed that now the asus control center opens two instances on startup.
after installing IE11 with IE9 it didn't happen
really have no idea how this is even related to eachother.

tried this also
from Microsoft webpage
ipconfig /flushdns

I got this error sometimes
Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding" error message in Windows 7

started working for a short time and back to slow page loading.
I mean what is this ****. I don't understand what the probem is how can the windows get so ****ed up without any signs of where the issue is?
isn't there a program to help me find out what the problem is? because all this crap that I find in forums is not helping it just wasting my time.

Powercycling your router/modem still does nothing? Or does it solve it for a short time?

depends on the day
sometimes few minutes sometimes few hours. but eventually it gets slow again

I cleared the dns now and it worked for maybe 10 minutes and back to slow loading pages.

So power cycling your router/modem does help then?

Had you not gotten it replaced yet?

Oh, I have had this problem too! Its your computer most likely being slow since you downloaded all them updates. Use up too 2 browsers don't have any more installed since you may make your computer slow down. And delete your old versions of the browsers so that will speed up the new one. Also make sure you have the latest JAVA, I think its Java 8 now but correct me if I am wrong.

Someone may also have set the limitations on your device small so you only get a very small bit of the bandwidth and the whole house gets the rest of it. Check your internet properties for that.

EDIT: Someone may just be d-dosing you. Most likely not going to happen but if you gave out your IP recently, to someone.... Then you may be getting d-dossed.

Last edited:
Hi,

Does it slow down certain times of the day (any patterns), Also, what Upload/download are you meant to get and what speeds do you get on speedtest.net (run it 4 times, morning afternoon, evening, night) and check with your ISP if there is any networking work going on with your local lines in the area.

You could also run inssider (google it) and check what channel you are on and if it overlaps with anyone else's network and if it does login to your router and change your channel so it doesnt anymore, you can also see when people become more active, this might slow you down due to interference.

Back
Top Bottom