Error loading operating system (please Help!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiredComp

Beta member
Hey guys I joined this forum hoping one of you can help me with my problem.. boy did I screw up.

So basically I got a virus called
Antimalware Doctor, after hours of trying to get rid of it.. I partially did, but in the process I downloaded so many things to get rid of it. I have gotten this rogue type virus before, I used malwarebytes got 'rid of it, and that was the end of it.. but this time it was just so much different, it took random things to do it

Sooner or later one of the programs wanted me to restart my Comp to get rid of the virus and infections. This time my computer just wouldnt start up, it kept trying to start up but it wouldnt, After trying to fix it and failing, I decided I wouldnt mind reinstalling my windows xp with my CD.

Finally trying to do that, that also failed on me.. randomly saying that there was a file missing to start up the setup.. made me take out the disk and restart my comp. I didnt take it out and I tried going with a different route this time and I pressed 2 which was "Format //:c" or something (Obviously im not too educated with this kind of stuff so bare with me.) And I just skimmed through it being all tired (this probably was the reason of the error sign) While skimming through it, it gave me the option to yes or no For a couple of things, Like i said i was really tired so i just pressed (yes yes yes and 1) restarted my comp and bam... Error loading operating system.... I know i screwed up badly, just let me know if there is a way to fix this, or basically is my hardrive to toast to recover from this, il basically do anything i dont care about any of my files and such.. Thanks For the help sorry for the long read

Putting your thread in the correct section means that it will get replies faster, bumping twice within an hour will not have the same effect.

It sounds like you have partially or completely formatted your HDD so if you don't mind loosing the current contents of your HDD, the best solution would be to complete the formatting and re-installation of the OS.

Sorry but there is no way to fix it. Should never rush things and just click Yes. You formatted your OS off the system. You now must finish the job and reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom