Emachines W3115 drivers not working for XP after wipe and reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

textas

Beta member
I have an eMachines desktop w3115 that has been wiped and XP media center reinstalled on it. The drivers for ethernet and others are not loaded and have the exclamation point in device manager settings. I went to eMachines website, found my make and model and downloaded every driver they had available including the chipset package one, which on other threads, has worked for some, but it does not work for me. The program of nVidia starts to load and looks like it is going to do something, but then just goes away and no drivers are loaded - no error messages - nothing. Does anyone have any experience with this that you can point me in the right direction?

Yes, I selected that one. It doesn't look like emachines gives you any different file for the chipset package between the two XP OS choices though. Anyway, it is doing what I described in the post which is to act like it is going to install and then just goes away.

Just to update, I installed Windows XP Pro to this machine as a clean install to see if that was the issue and I get the same result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom