Easy to downgrade to XP from Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagelred

In Runtime
OK, I currently own a Dell desktop for last 3 1/2 years with XP, SP3 installed. I've been flirting with idea of getting a laptop and I see some good deals out there.

However, I REALLY wanted to wait for Windows 7. Of course, if i buy laptop now, comes with Vista, and I didn't want to learn about Vista, deal with any problems with Vista, etc.

So my question is, if I buy this laptop, could I just use the discs from Windows XP that I own and install it on the laptop? Would it be difficult to do that? Or would the laptop be configued to make that difficult/impossible?

I could purchase a "downgrade" option from Dell to install XP, but what's the point....I already own a license....

Just looking for thoughts on the subject......

I would just wait. They should start offering free upgrades to 7 around July-August as it should be coming out by October or so.

However, I REALLY wanted to wait for Windows 7. Of course, if i buy laptop now, comes with Vista, and I didn't want to learn about Vista, deal with any problems with Vista, etc.

You do realize that this statement contradicts itself right?

You dont want to learn about Vista or anything that Vista has to deal with yet you want Windows 7 which is built off of Vista.

Doesn't make sense when you think of it that way....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom