DVD Burning

Status
Not open for further replies.

__Camouflage__

Daemon Poster
Hello all, it's been a while since I posted here. Anyway, I was wondering a few things. I have a PHILIPS DVD+-RW SDVD8820 and CyberLink states that it can read and write DVD+R DL, well I am trying to burn off a backup of my pictures and videos, but I can't get it to burn on my DVD+R DL disc. I have tried Alcohol 120% MagicISO CyberLink and I am now going to try Ashampoo Burning Studio 6, but my drive isn't recognizing the disc. Any help would be appreciated.

You probably have a bad batch of blank media. Just about newer dvd burners will support the + as well as - disk types. Ever open a brand new container of blank? disks to find track data 000021 or some other crap already on new? disks? factiory sealed. Go through the others you have left and probably buy a different brand.

If that is from the same container try a different one even a cd to see it detects that. Another question would be if you were able to burn anything with the drive before this problem came up. If it works on a cd-r then you may have to stay with the dvd-r not dvd+r type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom