drivers for xp on dell 1545

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollyoaks777

In Runtime
could someone please tell me where i could get the drivers for dell 1545 for xp,i much prefer xp,i have been to dell website,and it only gives me the os choice of windows vista,my computer came with a cd with drivers on it,but i take it they will only be for vista too,would be most gratefull if someone could tell me where i can get them.
thank you in advance

The newer dell laptops are built with "vista" only hardware. The manufactures have not developed drivers for xp. Sometimes you can get them to work and sometimes not. You are better off staying with vista with that particular laptop. Sorry.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/dell-1545-a-197052/

You already have the exact same thread in the laptop area asked for the exact same thing. Please do not start multiple topics of the same issue in different areas.

You very first post in there says close to what it says here:

could someone tell me where i could get drivers for xp for this laptop,i have been to dell website,and it only gives me the option for vista drivers,i hate vista,its so annoying and want to install xp on partition,thank you in advance

Have you tried to install XP on there and see if it already has the drivers needed? I have a Insprion 1501 and i didnt need any drivers from the dell site to get that working.

Topic Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom