drivers/bf2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBerger

Baseband Member
I;ve had problems with my bf2 for a while and i'm wondering if it's my drivers. I have a pci e sapphire x850xt can anyone suggest the best overall drivers for this? right now i have omega 2.6.42

Ok, I'll give you the full rundown. I've typed this hundreds of times on various forums but here ya go.
I first got BF2 a while ago and had it playing and it was really fun. Then one day I was experiencing freezing problems. 2 type of problems would occur.
-the first would be i could connect to a server, play for a few minutes then the game would freeze. Models would freeze, sound would loop and i'd have to reboot, task manager wouldnt open
-the second was that only the mouse would freeze up, generally on the kit select screen, but its not a full freeze because i can still hear different sounds

Now, I've tried reinstalling, and it just lets me play for a longer time before it eventaully freezes. I should also mention that when i'm picking a server, my game will minimize to a norton pop up asking me to permit it. I've turned off auto protect and internet worm virus protect and it still freezes. I've tried different drivers and the omega ones i have now were recommended to help fix it but that was a long time ago and it didnt work then. I've given up on it for the most part but everynow and then i'll try it again, get excited about it working for 15 mins, then get bummed out when it freezes. so there. thats the problem. all my other games seem to work fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom