Driver Issues with OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrjohnson

Baseband Member
I have an old Hitachi Visionbook Pro 7775. It has 64mb ram (upgraded from original 32mb), a CDROM drive, 3GB hard drive, a 2mb Asiliant Video Card, and a 266Mghz Pentium II processor. The problem though, is with the touchpad. The notebooks native OS is Windows 95/98, but when I install those the pointer on the screen moves so skippy and choppy. I even tried Windows2000 and the same thing happened. But when I install WindowsXP, the pointer moves perfect and smooth. So that right there proves it isn't the touchpad itself that is the problem, but probably something with a driver that XP has that the other OS's don't. I would stay with XP, but since I barely meet the requirements it runs laggy as hell and takes up about half of my hard drive space. I don't want this computer to be top notch and run lots of programs other than Internet Explorer, Office, AIM, and the occasional DOS game :). Think there is just a problem with the mouse driver? I tried updating it it just comes up as up to date and as a Standard PS/2 Mouse. It really is a ALPS Glidepoint Touchpad but why would XP work and the native OS not?

happens in 2k and not in xp? wierd. Have u tried NT?
also, you could check the mouse/pad settings in 95/98, they may be messed up default.

No joke I must have tried everything. Yeah it was weird because 2000 worked just as bad as Windows 98 and 95. The only operating system that allows my touchpad to run smoothly is Windows XP. I wish I could keep XP on it, but it bogs down the laptop too much since I don't meet the minimum requirements too well. I've been on the phone with customer support people (who don't know english) for hours and they don't seem to know anything. It may not seem like a big deal to some, but I love my notebook and want to get it up and running again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom