Dreamweaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan9562

In Runtime
ok.....i have dreamweaver mx2004.......why does the text have to be alligned centre, left or right? Can u set it so that you can put the text where you want it?

Thats just the way text editing is in Windows, they are simply the justification. if you know HTML, you can go in and mess about in with some tags and get it right. You can also just space over to where you want it to be. The best way to have thigns where you want them on a webpage is to make a table, and insert cells where you want the text.

Funcanator said:
ok.....i have dreamweaver mx2004.......why does the text have to be alligned centre, left or right? Can u set it so that you can put the text where you want it?
Yeah, it's called web programming. You know, HTML, XML, DHTML, CSS, etc...

Dreamweaver (the all-powerful god of web-dev applications) is still just a WYSIWYG application. You need to know how to build the code to get things to go other places besides the standard HTML basics.

Frontpage? No. Frontpage is absolutely inferior when compared to Dreamweaver. It dosent have HALF of the options that Dreamweaver has.

why dont you use insert -box that would give you more control over your text if you dont want to edit your html.....then you can move your text in each box the way you want

I would say to just build a table. It is the best and easiest way to justify something to anywhere on the page you want. Plus they take no time to load and everyones browser will support them. Tables are a wonderful thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom