Do I have to buy a new copy of vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcat75

In Runtime
I bought a copy of vista ultimate like 18 months ago and accidentily cleaned it out with my old DVD's and now hate myself for it - do I have to go spend another $200 on vista or can I somehow get a copy from microsoft for $10?

If you still have the CD-Key/DVD-Key, whatever the politically correct term is, it is legal for you to torrent it just to use the Media...

If you don't have the key... you are pretty much doomed and need to buy a new one.. unless you have that Key in use on your PC's, use Magic Jellybean key finder, and it tells the product key that is in use, then download the media legally

If you still have the CD-Key/DVD-Key, whatever the politically correct term is, it is legal for you to torrent it just to use the Media...

If you don't have the key... you are pretty much doomed and need to buy a new one.. unless you have that Key in use on your PC's, use Magic Jellybean key finder, and it tells the product key that is in use, then download the media legally

Jelly Bean key finder works on Vista? no kiddin, I thought it was an XP only gadget.. nifty little dude that proggie is.

Says so on the main page in the first paragraph ;).

The Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder is a freeware open source utility that retrieves your Product Key (cd key) used to install Windows from your registry. It allows you to print or save your keys for safekeeping. It works on Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, Server 2003, Server 2008, Office XP, Office 2003, and Office 2007 family of products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom