Difference between versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

augest

In Runtime
With Vista, I went with ultimate, Which was said to be for gamers etc.

But honestly I didn't see the point in paying that much for more alittle "extra" downloads that I never used anyway. An it came with some other things I don't even remember....

So, Honestly what it comes down to... Is is there any point getting the Ultimate, Or Professional over the Home?

Thanks you two, Yea it pretty much seems that home would do me good, The only thing I noticed is that home doesn't support 2 cpu's. Is this going to become the future..... Dual quad cores and of the likes anytime soon?

Other then that it doesn't really pay to have more for myself as them other options I don't use or need anyway.

2 physical CPU's, home supports dual core. Dual core (quad core, etc) are physically one CPU, so Vista Home supports it. What that 'requirement' is meant for is to explain that Home is not a good solution for a server computer that has more than one physical processor.

You shouldn't pay the extra for ultimate, it isn't worth IMO. You would do just fine with Premium.

It is very rare to find a system that has 2 physical CPU's aside from a server. SkullTrail is one but at that point if you are spending that much to build the system you can afford the Ultimate or Enterprise versions which does support 2 physical CPU's just as Vista Ultimate and Enterprise did.

For a home machine there is very few mobo's that even have support for dual CPU's and by the time they become common, Windows 8 will be out. You wont see dual CPU's that soon. Any version of Win7 will support multiple Core's which is not the same as 2 physical CPU's.

Thanks guys. Yea I thought that's want it was implying to, But at this point you never know what MS may try. :)

An that's my opinion too, No point in anything other then home really.

I have ultimate 64bit right now, An I see I can get that dream scene... But wtf is it? lol

Dreamscene is animated wallpaper. I preferred Stardock's Deskcapes to it, though... plus there are almost 200 Dream files available on WinCustomize.com for it (it's free if you have Ultimate).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom