Critical error! The entire page!

Re: CRITICAL WRROR ! THE ENTIRE PAGE!

In regards to chkdsk, you need to run the command exactly as I posted:
chkdsk C: /f /r

the /f and /r flags are the important part.

As for HJT: this entry should be fixed:
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = Coupons.com - Top Trending Coupons

And since you had malware on it...I don't really trust downloading any files (even if it was a txt file). If you could, just post the contents (copy/paste) of the MBAM log in a post.

mab contents, copy and pasted as requested.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 4/6/2016
Scan Time: 12:33:12 PM
Logfile:
Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.2.1.1043
Malware Database: v2016.04.06.04
Rootkit Database: v2016.04.03.01
License: Free
Malware Protection: Disabled
Malicious Website Protection: Disabled
Self-protection: Disabled

CPU: x86
File System: NTFS
User: ADMINISTRATOR DAD

Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 386107
Time Elapsed: 22 min, 47 sec

Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Enabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Warn
PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 0

Registry Values: 0

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 4
PUP.Optional.ConduitTB.Gen, C:\Users\ADMINISTRATOR DAD\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\l3d1ilsi.default\CT3008668, , [d6c65e4d8a0f8caa2e18e440996aed13],
PUP.Optional.ConduitTB.Gen, C:\Users\ADMINISTRATOR DAD\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\l3d1ilsi.default\CT3008668\Dialogs, , [d6c65e4d8a0f8caa2e18e440996aed13],
PUP.Optional.ConduitTB.Gen, C:\Users\ADMINISTRATOR DAD\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\l3d1ilsi.default\CT3008668\Dialogs\UntrustedAppApprovalDialog, , [d6c65e4d8a0f8caa2e18e440996aed13],
PUP.Optional.ConduitTB.Gen, C:\Users\ADMINISTRATOR DAD\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\l3d1ilsi.default\CT3008668\Dialogs\UntrustedAppPendingDialog, , [d6c65e4d8a0f8caa2e18e440996aed13],

Files: 0

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

also, that file to fix, i can not believe that thing is still in here! that was the VERY FIRST THING my darling wife did when i let her on this computer. not more than 2 minutes after telling her NO DOWNLOADING ANYTHING!. that is not all bad however, i can throw it in her face yet again!

ok, i checked that file, the clicked on fix checked item, and hit the button below that to execute. it did its job, then came back as a blank center screen where all the lines had been. i am assuming i should just close out of that screen. but i do not want to mess things up. so i will wait for further instructions.

ok, i checked that file, the clicked on fix checked item, and hit the button below that to execute. it did its job, then came back as a blank center screen where all the lines had been. i am assuming i should just close out of that screen. but i do not want to mess things up. so i will wait for further instructions.

Yup, you can just close out of HJT when it's done after you clicked 'Fix Checked'.

MBAM log looks like it cleaned some crap out so that's good.

Have you tried the chkdsk again?

ok, so i tried repeatedly to run chkdsk as you typed in safe mode. it would not run. it would let me schedule it so it would run when the system was rebooted. so i did that. it ran all the way thru a series of 5 sections, and it found nothing out of place. it showed no errors. so i went ahead and logged in, and at first, i thought it was going to be ok. but that was short lived. after about 2 minutes (it takes about that long for it to normally come all the way running, it went bananas again. i tried to open the event viewer, and it just stalled out. after 5 minutes, i just hit the power button and made it shut down. its back in safe mode with networking now. and its how i am typing this. if this was an engine, i would just rip it down to its core.

Well that's essentially what Safe Mode is - the "core" OS. It only boots necessary services and such for Windows to run.

So is it working fine while in Safe Mode then? If so...it's going to be a software issue. You can try disabling all items in Startup, as well as all non-Windows services to troubleshoot the issue.

Start -> Type 'msconfig' (without quotes) -> go to the Startup tab and uncheck everything. Reboot into normal mode and see if you still have issues.

If you don't have issues after that, then start re-enabling things 1 at a time and rebooting into Normal mode until you find the culprit.

If you do still have issues, then open up Msconfig again, but this time go to the Services tab. Check the 'hide Microsoft services' checkbox, and then uncheck everything. Same thing as above, reboot and enable one by one if the issue goes away.

It's a bit of work, but hey, that's troubleshooting for ya.

If none of that works...then I'd just recommend backing up any data that you want to keep (documents/pics/etc.), and wipe/reinstall Windows.

yes, the computer seems to work fine in safe mode. other than it will not let me play solitaire! whoever decided that was important, needs a good rap on the knuckles with a rattan cane! lol anyway, i will do that. i have never been afraid of work. pain or injury, yes, but not work. hopefully it will not be to difficult to find. i just hope i do. thanks! and wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom