Critical error! The entire page!

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
SO AT SOME POINT IN THE LAST WEEK, I MENTIONED THAT THERE WAS SOMETHING GOING ON IN MY AGING DESKTOP. BUT I WS NOT TO WORRIED ABOUT IT, SINE I WAS GOING TO GUT IT, AND REBUILD IT. WELL, TODAY, I THOUGHT THAT MAYBE I SHOULD LOOK AT IT. THIS WOULD BE GOOD EXPERIENCE. (SORRY ABOUT THE CAP LOCKS! ) anyway, so i have been down here messing around with it. it will not open the task master, i tried over a dozen times. it acts like it is going to, but just stops loading after about 2 or 3 seconds. hey, guess what, over ten minutes later, it just opened. it is confirming what i was certain was going on. the cpu and memory are at 100%. i opened the event viewer, the page that is on my screen right now says operational atthe top left corner. and the list goes on forever saying critical all the way down. the date and time varies, under source,it lists diagognostics-performance all the way down, and on the right side event id 100,400 100,100,200,303,401 task catagories re boot performance, system performance shutdow perf, standby perf, those seem to be what i can see anyway with the open task master pane in the way. by the way, the really prevalent thing on that is javaws.exe. i can not find a way to copy or print out any of this. i would love to share. maybe i can take a photo and share that. in any case, i would really like some help with this one!

Re: CRITICAL WRROR ! THE ENTIRE PAGE!

well,photos are not going to work either. my camera is not working correctly, and all i get is a black frame with a pure white screen. i am thinking this is most likely a virus, but ?????

Try running a chkdsk firstly to see if that helps with some of the issues.

Start -> type 'cmd' (without quotes) -> right click -> run as admin -> in the console window that pops up type:
chkdsk C: /f /r
Press Enter and it will say it cannot lock the current drive and to run on next reboot. Type Y and hit Enter -> Reboot your computer and let it run through the check (it may take some time, depending on how big your HDD is).

As for a photo...you can take a screenshot and upload it to either an image hosting site or attach it to your post.

i do not think i will be able to post anything from the desktop. first, i do not know if i can not figure out how to copy anything, or if the computer is messed up so bad it will not let me. i have pressed all kinds of keys along with print screen (and by itself, and it does nothing. i also tried the old copy and paste. but i think the processor and memory are just so overwhelmed, it can not even attempt to process my commands. i did manage to get this one shot with my laptop. its not the clearest image in the world, but on my end, it looks readable.

Attachments

• WIN_20160405_21_17_00_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20160405_21_17_00_Pro.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 3

can i run chkdsk in safe mode. this thing is back to wide open, and not acepting any commands

the only way i can do anything with the desktop is to run it in safe mode. i even tried setting up a new user account in safe mode, thinking that it may not immediately go into wide open mode. wrong. as soon as it opened the desktop, it went wild. i could not even open one program. its frustrating not knowing if i have a software or hardware issue causing this.

Yes you can run chkdsk in Safe Mode.

If you think it's malware...then do the following:

Firstly, run a scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware (the Free version is fine, you don't need to activate the Pro trial). Scan with it, delete whatever it finds, reboot and post the log here. Download it from here:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

Secondly, run a scan with AdwCleaner. Same as above, scan with it, delete what it finds, post the log file here. Download from here:
AdwCleaner Download

Thirdly, run a scan with HiJackThis. Run it as Admin, pick the "scan and generate log" option, and then post the logfile here. Do NOT remove ANYTHING unless told to do so, as removing the wrong entry can damage your system. Download it from here:
HiJackThis | SourceForge.net

well, that was fun. and thanks for the new places to download software from. they had a lot of different things than i have seen elsewhere. i guess its time to get down to brass tacks.
chkdsk ran in read only mode. i don't know if i forgot to add a colon after chkdsk or ??? anyway, it found something of interest. stage 1 of 3 reported nothing exciting.
348096 file records processed
949 large file records processed
0 bad file records processed
0 E A files processed
79 reparse records processed

chkdsk is verifying indexes
stage 2 of 3
index entry d3d9 caps.dat in index $130 of file 759 is incorrect.
412976index entries processed
index verification completed
errors found. chkdsk can not continue in read only mode.

the next process i screwed up trying to copy the report on.
i ran ADWCLEANER, and it found two files. one was yahooauservice, the other was swdumon. i had it remove both files (even though i am sure the yahoo one was part of yahoo email and instant messanger). the other one i have no idea on.

next, was malwarebytes, then hijack this. those i was able to get a log on, and i will post them now.

Attachments

• mab 1.1.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 0

for some reason(most likely my inexperience) the second file did not upload. so i will try this again.

hmmmmm, this is frustrating.....
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.5
Scan saved at 1:39:15 PM, on 4/6/2016
Platform: Windows Vista SP2 (WinNT 6.00.1906)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v9.00 (9.00.8112.16749)

FIREFOX: 45.0.1 (x86 en-US)
Boot mode: Safe mode with network support

Running processes:
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Users\ADMINISTRATOR DAD\Downloads\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = Bing
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = AOL - News, Sports, Weather, Entertainment, Local & Lifestyle
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = Bing
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = Bing
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = Coupons.com - Top Trending Coupons
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: Canon Easy-WebPrint EX BHO - {3785D0AD-BFFF-47F6-BF5B-A587C162FED9} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint EX\ewpexbho.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_73\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_73\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Canon Easy-WebPrint EX - {759D9886-0C6F-4498-BAB6-4A5F47C6C72F} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint EX\ewpexhlp.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDVCPL] "C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtHDVCpl.exe" -s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSC] "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe" -hide -runkey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Revolution Pro] "C:\Sentey\Revolution Pro\Gaming 3.exe" /hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CCleaner Monitoring] "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /MONITOR
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Google Sidewiki... - res://C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\GoogleToolbarDynamic_mui_en_7461B1589E8B4FB7.dll/cmsidewiki.html
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O11 - Options group: [ACCELERATED_GRAPHICS] Accelerated graphics
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.webcompanion.com
O16 - DPF: {6A060448-60F9-11D5-A6CD-0002B31F7455} (ExentInf Class) -
O16 - DPF: {73ECB3AA-4717-450C-A2AB-D00DAD9EE203} - Automatically Find HP Updates | HP Support
O16 - DPF: {7530BFB8-7293-4D34-9923-61A11451AFC5} (OnlineScanner Control) - http://download.eset.com/special/eos/OnlineScanner.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.DLL (file missing)
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\Windows\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: SAS Core Service (!SASCORE) - SUPERAntiSpyware.com - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCORE.EXE
O23 - Service: Adobe Acrobat Update Service (AdobeARMservice) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe Flash Player Update Service (AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Alert Service (AlertService) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\CCU\AlertService.exe
O23 - Service: DQLWinService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\IntelDH\NMS\AdpPlugins\DQLWinService.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdatem) (gupdatem) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: HP Health Check Service - Hewlett-Packard - c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\hphc_service.exe
O23 - Service: HP Support Solutions Framework Service (HPSupportSolutionsFrameworkService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Hp\Common\HPSupportSolutionsFrameworkService.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaantmon.exe
O23 - Service: Intel DH Service (IntelDHSvcConf) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Tools\IntelDHSvcConf.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Software Services Manager (ISSM) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Media Server\bin\ISSM.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Viiv(TM) Media Server (M1 Server) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Media Server\bin\mediaserver.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Application Tracker (MCLServiceATL) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Shells\MCLServiceATL.exe
O23 - Service: Mozilla Maintenance Service (MozillaMaintenance) - Mozilla Foundation - C:\Program Files\Mozilla Maintenance Service\maintenanceservice.exe
O23 - Service: Pure Networks Platform Service (nmservice) - Pure Networks, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Pure Networks Shared\Platform\nmsrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Remoting Service (Remote UI Service) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Shells\Remote UI Service.exe
O23 - Service: Realtek Audio Service (RtkAudioService) - Realtek Semiconductor - C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkAudioService.exe
O23 - Service: Skype Updater (SkypeUpdate) - Skype Technologies - C:\Program Files\Skype\Updater\Updater.exe
O23 - Service: UMVPFSrv - Logitech Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\logishrd\LVMVFM\UMVPFSrv.exe

--
End of file - 7435 bytes
well, at least that worked.

Back
Top Bottom