Crashing Applications in Vista Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb14blue

Beta member
I recently purchased a laptop with Vista Ultimate SP1 32-bit. No additional software was downloaded. Right away I began experiencing issues with IE7. As I was scrolling using the mousepad, IE7 would crash and various windows would flash open and close or they would pop up, like the control panel, windows task manager, and right-click options (even though I did not touch the right-click button). If I touched the mousepad again, more windows would flash open and close or pop up. If I waited about five to ten seconds before touching the mousepad, no more windows would flash or pop up. At first, I thought it was a problem with IE7. However, recently I began experiencing the same problem with other applications. Is this a common Vista issue? Is there a patch? The computer came with the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Vista Ultimate. Should I reinstall 32-bit or go with the 64-bit version?

Specs:
Intel Core Duo T9300 2.5Ghz
4GB RAM

My main concern is this line:

No additional software was downloaded.

Which means that you did not install a Anti-virus? If so that is your problem right there. Vista is not immune to infection and what you describe could easily be caused by a virus or other infection. Use Osiris's Guide and scan your system.

Osiris Spyware Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom